[dsdp-pmc] RE: DSDP Incubator Project

Hi Martin,

This is a problem that currently only TM and eRCP have, since all of the
other projects in DSDP are still in incubation and can use the parallel
IP process.

At the Boston planning council meeting, we discussed allowing parallel
IP to be used for non-incubation projects, since clearly projects are
already working around the IP process by creating incubators themselves.
This has not yet been resolved, but I am on an IP committee that's
trying to make a recommendation here.

Personally, I would prefer that we avoid creating an incubation project.
I think it's better to fix the IP process than to work around it.
However, I'm open to other opinions.

Doug

Back to the top