[dsdp-pmc] Introducing the RTSC proposed project

Hi PMC,

Permit me to introduce you to the Dave Russo, from Texas Instruments.  TI is proposing a new project under DSDP called “Real-Time Software Components” (RTSC)…affectionately known as “Ritzy”.

Attached is an updated version of the proposal that follows an initial review by myself, Bjorn, and Mike M.  Mike and I also met with Dave and the other proposed committers two weeks ago to further discuss the technology and their planned contributions.  I also spent some time with Dave last week to discuss the various facets of leading Eclipse projects.  Ritzy has been in use at TI for several years now, both by internal development groups and by partners.  Dave already has a good understanding of the three communities we service in Eclipse.  He asked several very good questions about transparency, open source vs. commercial challenges, and the Eclipse development process.  I believe he and the Ritzy team will be a good addition to DSDP.

Please offer any comments you have on this mailing list.  Dave is already subscribed.  He’s out this week, so responses may be delayed.  I’d like to invite him to the next PMC meeting to meet everyone and answer any questions you have.

Doug