[dsdp-pmc] Counting Lines of Code

Hi Bjorn,

According to the dev process and ip-log descriptions,
the Eclipse Foundation has quite a clear understanding
of how lines of code should be counted in a contribution
with respect to logging the IP issues:

all files, including text, properties, xml, documentation
should be counted.

But so far, I'm not aware of any tool that would cound
exactly so. sloccount, for instance, focuses on source
files only and fails on documentation and xml. Plain
wx counts comments and empty lines. SF metrics, which
also some people have been using, also focuses on
source files only.

So, I've written two little scripts to do the task
for you - on either an archive contribution or
directly on a patch. For details, see
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php#sloccount

Feel free to check them out and drop me a note if you
either like them or you have some other comments.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.