[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[dsdp-pmc] Re: Trip report: Eclipse Council Meetings
- From: "Scharf, Michael" <Michael.Scharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:14:57 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcaceXoDrzhlwuq0TwKEBgeZjwti2Q==
- Thread-topic: Re: Trip report: Eclipse Council Meetings
Here's a summary of the architecture council meeting.
- JVM version (1.4 versus 1.5)
- platform will continue to compile against 1.4
- 1.5 runtime environment is (already) supported
- projects are free to decide to use 1.5
- wiki page with recommendations and pitfalls of migration to 1.5
of will be created
- Discussions about running eclipse on multi-core processors
- eclipse is not optimized to run on multi-core
- Common build infrastructure
- Why do projects use their own incarnation of build? (needs to be
- People should use common build (but not required to use it)
- Each project should gather information on
- problems (pain)
- things that have been solved (pride)
- wish list for the eclipse common build
- Common 3rd party plugins
- a new tools project will be created to host 3rd party plugins
(like apache tomcat, antlr etc)
- legal approval required to use on of the 3rd part projects!
===> Questions for DSDP <===
- are we or will we use features of jdk1.5?
- are all DSDP projects currently using the eclipse common build?
- if not, what prevents us from using it?
- what would we need in addition?
- are we using any 3rd parry libraries (like apache logging)?