Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] New API for mobile package

True, Commands can be added by other components not necessarily under the application's control. For instance, the eWorkbench adds Commands and an application may wish to query these Commands and their priority in order to insert the App's Commands within the priority order. Would your new methods enable that?

Gorkem Ercan <gercan@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-ercp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/20/2007 04:33 AM

Please respond to
DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

DSDP ercp list <dsdp-ercp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] New API for mobile package

The original use case comes from the Commands, on some devices the
DELETE type commands can be positioned to special clear 'C' key. Which
command actually goes to that key is determined by command type plus
priority. The need is to set a correct priority relative to existing
Commands so that the command we desire is actually triggered. In this
scenario priority is something we can query with existing APIs but it is
not possible to query the command types.

The other changes I am proposed are for API consistency.
--
Gorkem