Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Extending 'Update Policy' behavior.

I think the easiest way to handle this would be to create a new update policy (IVMUpdatePolicy).  You could start with the breakpoint hit update tester and change it to only refresh if the breakpoint hit doesn't have a resume action.  The tricky part would be to somehow extract the breakpoint handle from the suspended event.  I suggest that you do this in your run control service implementation, where you have more flexibility to perform asynchronous tasks.

Cheers,
Pawel

Dmitri Pikus wrote:

Hi All,

I have a following question regarding extension of 'Update Policy' setting related behavior.

Behavior I'm looking for: In a case when 'Resume Action' is attached to breakpoint, 'Debug' and 'Variables' views should NOT be updated automatically (like in 'Manual' mode), otherwise views mentioned should be updated automatically.

1. What approach could be more efficient:
- creation of additional property for breakpoint that specifies update policy for it;
- creation of additional breakpoint type that uses manual policy only;
- other approach...

2. Does an addition of such functionality bring to major changes in a project code?

3. Could you please point me to parts of a project's code to start looking at?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Dmitri Pikus