[dsdp-dd-dev] Re: [cdt-dev] Manual Testing Process in CDT

I like the status idea too.  If you don't mind, please go ahead and update the test instructions on the wiki page.
Thanks!
-Pawel

Marc Khouzam wrote:
Hi,

I agree that the manual testing process has served us quite well and I
am glad Pawel took the time to migrate it to the
new debug components of the CDT.  I would like to make a minor
suggestion to the "manual test coordination page".
Our old process would simply require someone to indicate which part of
the testing he/she was volunteering for
in a release; however, there was no indication if the test was
completed.
I would like to suggest that we add some indicator for completion and
maybe even result summary.

For example, if I volunteer to test the
"CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb#Launching" part, I would immediately add this
line
to the relevant signup page.

- Marc
  - CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb#Launching
  - ...

When I actually did the testing I would update to something like

- Marc
  - CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb#Launching [complete: no bugs]
  - ...

or

- Marc
  - CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb#Launching [complete: bug 123456, bug 123457]
  - ...

or, if individual completion is too tedious for some

- Marc [complete]
  - CDT/cdt-debug-dsf-gdb#Launching
  - ...

I think this would help in knowing the status of the testing effort,
without being much of a burden.

Opinions welcome, of course.

marc