From: dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Ling.5.Wang@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed 7/9/2008 2:54 PM
To: dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dsdp-dd-dev] Where to do extra steps before starting GDB

Hi,

I'm writing DSF/GDB based debugger for remote debug on a device. Two
things I need to do before starting GDB are downloading program to
device and starting gdbserver on device.

The approach I take now is to provide my own ServicesLaunchSequence,
which subclasses the current ServiceLaunch and adds two extra "Steps" to
the beginning of the sequence, one is just to download and the other to
start gdbserver.

Yes, it works very well and logically make sense. But I'm not sure if
it's in line with the DSF philosophy or fits well to the
ServicesLaunchSequence, because the two extra Steps do not actually
start any service.

So if it's not good, what may be the better solution to carry out those
extra tasks ?  Yes I can do whatever I like in my own GDBLaunchDelegate
subclass, but I want to make full use of the common code in
GDBLaunchDelegate and make my own subclass as small as possible.  Maybe
adding a new protected method in GDBLaunchDelegate like
    protected void PrepareForDebuggerStart() throws CoreException
?

Please advise.

Thanks.

- Ling