Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] DD M4 Candidate ready for testing

Hi Marc,
Thank you for participating in the testing :-)  My answers below:

Marc Khouzam wrote:
Hi,

I have installed M4 and CDT5.0, as well as this DD build.
I also added tests to the test plan: http://wiki.eclipse.org/DD_Manual_Test_Plan

I passed those tests for the Variables and Expressions views.
The only test that did not pass is the Removal of Expressions in the Expressions view
but we already knew about this (bugs 208928 and 209883).

I also did some rudimentary tests for the General Breakpoints and I found a single problem.
The "Skip all breakpoints button" does not seem to do what I thought it would.  Basically,
I press "skip all" and then I resume the program, but the program still stops on breakpoints.

Finally, it seems that when resuming the program to completion, gdb is not terminated and we must
terminate it by hand (pressing the red square).  I'm not sure it this is normal.

Where should we mark the test results?

File bugs! I added a query at the bottom of the signup page for bugs filed during the testing period.
Also, I suggest we add to the "Issues and Workarounds page" that the Debug perspective is not
selected automatically when launching DSF.  I was not able to edit the page myself.

Good idea, I don't know why you wouldn't be able to edit the page.  Anyone is allowed to edit the wiki pages with a valid bugzilla account.  I'll add these issues to the list, but you should try again to edit some wiki pages and if you can't we'll have to email the webmaster or something.
Another issue to note is that we need GDB 6.7 for expressions with children to be displayed (except for arrays.)

Good point, this should be in known issues as well.
Let me know if I should look at something else.

Thanks

Thank you!  If you feel like testing anything else feel free to, but I think as it is we're off to a good start for having a test process :-)

Cheers
Pawel
marc