Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Policy for retaining DD milestone builds

Thanks Chris,
Keeping the previous milestone build seems reasonable enough.

Chris Recoskie wrote:
My $0.02 is that you should at least retain the previous milestone.  If a
show-stopping bug pops up in the latest milestone, people need something to
fall back to.

Unless you are running out of disk quota I don't see why you need to be
quite so pro-active about deleting them though.  Can't you wait until
Ganymede is out to do that?
Running out of disk quota is not an issue, unless we don't clean up the nightly builds. Which BTW we decided to keep around for at least a week.

Cheers,
Pawel
===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

Pawel Piech <pawel.piech@wind river.com> To Sent by: Device Debugging developer dsdp-dd-dev-bounc discussions es@xxxxxxxxxxx <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> cc 12/11/2007 12:39 Subject AM [dsdp-dd-dev] Policy for retaining DD milestone builds Please respond to Device Debugging developer discussions <dsdp-dd-dev@ecli pse.org>

Hi All,
As I was discussion with Ted and Doug the process of producing,
publishing, and documenting milestone builds for the Ganymede train, we
came accross the question of how long should we be retaining the
milestone builds on our download page?  Our assumption is that we can
remove the old milestone build when we produce a new one.  Does anyone
object to this?  We figured that the only objection might come if
someone is planning to create a product based on any of the milestones.
-Pawel