[dsdp-dd-dev] Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Target/Board description requirements: your thoughts requested

Now I am maintaining a mutil-archiecture simulator
(http://www.skyeye.org, an open source project)  . In our simulator,
there also exist a config file that describes the machine we want to
simulate.
So I have a question about the target description. Which level do we
want to reach for description? In register-level or higher level, or
lower  level in circuit . I guess for device or peripheral ,  a
description about its  io memory range and irq number   is enough?