[dsdp-dd-dev] RE: [platform-debug-dev] AbstractTableRendering - mixed HEX/ASCII

Looks like you are trying to put two renderings into one.  The vertical
scrollbars are provided by the table viewer.  I don't think there is a way
of getting rid of them.  I am not familiar with ScrolledComposite, but the
table viewer also has its own horizontal scrollbar.  I suspect that with
this approach, you will always end up getting dual horizontal and vertical
scroll bars.

To achieve having  mixed HEX and ASCII in one rendering, I believe you will
have to create your own rendering using a single table.

When I said we displayed two renderings side by side, I actually meant that
we have the two renderings in separate memory rendering container.  (The
second rendering pane of the Memory View is opened.)  The renderings are
completely independent of each other and have their own scroll bars and
address columns.  Have you tried using this approach?  Why do need to host
two "renderings" in a single rendering?

Thanks...
Samantha

             "Williams, Ted"
             <ted.williams@win
             driver.com>                                                To
             Sent by:                  "Eclipse Platform Debug component
             platform-debug-de         developers list."
             v-bounces@eclipse         <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
             .org                      <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             01/11/2006 07:23                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: [platform-debug-dev]
                                       AbstractTableRendering - mixed
                                       HEX/ASCII
             Please respond to
             "Eclipse Platform
              Debug component
             developers list."

Using the side by side approach, I'm wondering if there is an elegant
solution for scrolling. In a class extending AbstractTableRendering, I
have createControl() returning a Composite containing
super.createControl() and ASCIIRendering.createControl(), with side by
side layout. This works well, but the dual vertical scrollbars look
silly. And, a single horizontal scrollbar should pan the combined tables
(but not the address column, so maybe three tables total). Are you using
a ScrolledComposite?

ted