RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] Improving the platform debug views

The debug platform is planning to investigate the SWT.VIRTUAL tree and the
use of columns in tree viewers during M5. The idea is that a model will be
able to specify its own columns via its label adapter. We have not looked
at pluggable cell editors, but we should do this too.

Darin Wright

"Williams, Ted" <ted.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/13/2005 06:24 PM
Please respond to
Device Debugging developer discussions

<dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Darin Wright/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc

Subject

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 Martin Imrisek wrote:

> We'll  create a bugzilla entry against DSDP for this topic and then once
there
> is some consensus on how the views need to be enhanced for device
debugging
> we can decide to file respective bug entries against the platform and
CDT.

Martin,

Did you create the bugzilla entry? I'm not seeing it against DSDP.

The flexible hierarchy brings us closer to reaching our goal of utilizing
the platform views instead of bundling our own. However, some critical
functionality is currently missing from the platform views. The higher
priority items on my list include:

    - VariablesView/VariablesViewer should take advantage of the (newly
added) SWT.VIRTUAL support in the Tree control.

    - Configurable multiple column support. Ability to set column
visibility and populate columns from arbitrary properties (pass column as
key to Label provider). Name, Value, Description, ...

    - Editor Providers. Ability to associate edit controls on a per cell
(label/column) basis for in place cell editing.

Darin, does DSDP still have sufficient time to contribute view
enhancements for the 3.2 release? Are the above items already in progress?

thanks,
ted