From: dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mikhail Kalugin
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:31 AM
To: DLTK Developer Discussions
Subject: Re: [Dltk-dev] DLTK and RCP.

Hi,

I've just tried to create simple RCP application that contains only a
Tcl Console. It's possible and is relatively easy. The resulting
application is too simple, so I'll just describe here key steps:
* DLTK Tcl Console is based on top of standard Eclipse console view, so
the first step is to add IConsoleConstants.ID_CONSOLE_VIEW view to the
perspective, it will require org.eclipse.ui.console plugin.
* Now we add tcl.debug.ui plugin and it's dependencies to the
application. After that will be able to open Tcl Console within
application and it will be fully functional, but there is one important
thing:
* There should be at least one registered Tcl interpreter in the
workspace. DLTK Tcl Console uses standard DLTK interpreters management,
so to use console user should configure workspace interpreters first. I
see two ways to provide him this possibility:
- use the standard Tcl interpreter preference page from DLTK. It's
located within tcl.debug.ui plugin, but as "category" it has a
"org.eclipse.dltk.tcl.preferences". This page is located within tcl.ui
plugin, but I think that you don't need all the stuff from tcl.ui. So
you can just create a simple plugin that will add empty
"org.eclipse.dltk.tcl.preferences" page, allowing interpreters page to
be shown. Or may be you'll find tcl.ui things like editor useful, then
everything is ok and you should just add tcl.ui plugin to your
application.
- write your own preference page or probably use any other way for
interpreter configuration. But this way is pretty hard and requires
understanding of how interpreters management works in DLTK.

Thanks,
Mikhail Kalugin

<http://mail-gw-us.xored.com/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=BB005299A5.14054>

<http://mail-gw-us.xored.com/cgi-bin/learn-msg.cgi?id=53957299A5.A0651>