I would dare to say that as long as the workarounds are in simrel nothing will get fixed - it's time to face reality.
Probably correct, but I don't have the nerve to disable (or knowledge/time to fix) Mylyn.
It is time to remove the temporary workarounds. When I had a look today I realised that more and more projects are relying on the temporary workaround initially put in place for Mylyn.
Over a year ago I filed numerous bugs asking projects to fix their contributions, some projects were very responsive and others I have not heard back from.
Therefore for M2 I plan to disable all projects from SimRel that aren't up to date or have otherwise started relying on these workarounds. I will submit the following gerrits[1,2] after 2022-03 M1 is done. Please see the gerrits for what is disabled. I attempted to only disable features where possible and not entire contributions.
The affected projects are (with some comments):
- Mylyn (fully disabled Bug 569078)
- Passage (only one feature, so fully disabled)
- DTP (many features, lots because Lucene 7.x is no longer provided by Eclipse Platform? + Bug 569181)
- WTP (Bug 568136)
- m2e-wtp (JPA related code)
- PDT (Composer feature needs org.apache.commons.exec)
- soa-bpel (depends on disabled WTP features)