[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] End of an Era: shell access.
- From: Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:27:55 -0400
- Autocrypt: email@example.com; prefer-encrypt=mutual; keydata= mQENBFSQVYcBCACphCllQd59H3sF23T1XUD8h6pNPvRwuKKpfcwTAL7qe98PbMBQBLuy3ocj 04PcvlRj8lCR9JmChFc9V5Bi61MTdCrshEbiyomw/ZWdfFbmc4/rlMWg00gTO94SP0zMl96x np0aNi8cGwD258NUVD1+tlvraukr6yixD25qCGQ313lOO71l1R8eJun/Kx7SEFXtMFJ7Er4r /QnfFioFFwWGiUXbGhioCZhggQWnq3U+LOZzGKp0SuWSQuu0RzQB57Fy8EN2bmX61EKGaFnr TR/8yk8EdifupYgDc6XCxndktFJYFse4v4XQSPNIIUwcBT/Ji732xdXiR4YnL0SNAVBDABEB AAG0NkRlbmlzIFJveSAoRWNsaXBzZSkgPGRlbmlzLnJveUBlY2xpcHNlLWZvdW5kYXRpb24u b3JnPokBOAQTAQIAIgUCWWjoCAIbAwYLCQgHAwIGFQgCCQoLBBYCAwECHgECF4AACgkQQI23 cA21ZyMHGgf/THQqUR43XqUhSytf3q0Wmq1KBCDUpLXQYfpe1uh464robj4iUsoCMDhlEzbU uy0p+de87aVv68ZGRPOlz0oIt80NZbHxLErhunjFGhJvnw/V5jf2lYThiWysDcQMUSIGERuy 3wIyVFVF4RDZB4jjvrPvQ/dy+x+mN38t76C8x5sp4oup19sy9u4EUzPpEInBNs8ADoKO9kOl ZbTOkIFSqC4aI0yABRMbur+mks+b9IaVVQytK4zlzTROuBNHnjx6kgfAV5L8ezQpgBkVLrLw HwB+Rmsnx/qbRXrRmESiiD6aVQQntkfj0zXK/XzMpm1+9qxA8TBj6nFXo/ivNqDx7LkBDQRU kFWHAQgAy/xnfKzcxiCyHtP2a3mbRW04xMwDoLWj+3khfudiHgQWNLDiN/oTAJag5cOrh17L ewRDuhEctJ71Nb+bkMNHvJvq5KC0oB1x54ocQGa493Q/9irIYaEbXVcVqyggmTO6lPvLcA9+ mdQZNvfFlnxS05z+c2CvNNqhgrFU4xS6MTuGEA6oduha0mbDodPKNBh8MkL7OjlYO/44H4l0 MsBYJ57QhQqeOVv1C8Sc2hstk8ZcCc3G2W29Beh0Li5WFYf7F8L0JtxuDSLGisWJL5cAZvdE Zrd/BNAOE02+fANl9iYkX+pG1rjYMdtm/UpLo38jovcyWhOc+TE7qab72wO8iQARAQABiQEf BBgBAgAJBQJUkFWHAhsMAAoJEECNt3ANtWcjxEMH/Rer0weIKA1jV72FNQpHaKuGuUmqW6ak qQHSRKZEECjTa9E1M/Mvdr21qE/zYR7tFD9zc2wqhxBDBD8azKQLZo2TSTnqyUPdr2Dy3KFS FoavCvaVzEt7c3sA/TxXWXQhxGJL56yj2VZaF+k7j/DtYl6nG62bS0rQbg/3/RllmXa51QIT V5ZPnTo6NFJ5K3lbn7EoQbVT2LdkPmabPqw6DT+ZjQlJS3Q8iI0wSoS6r9D7QQG/VaeKGjoK TRDRn/5YUnof4vjpao8jIRMJ+5RBlRto96jwt7hfNm842GsqT4ddMyYmTLGnYLUae9rl2GmN ahBMbQ9PB8Ta/DeCpIxpOyk=
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Openpgp: preference=signencrypt
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/60.2.1
On 2019-08-27 3:11 p.m., Ed Merks wrote:
> On 27.08.2019 20:47, Denis Roy wrote:
>> Would you feel better setting aside your winter instead of summer?
> Well, I'd prefer the fall if given a choice.
Please give Matt's suggestion on using sshfs (suggested in a separate
email response) and let me know how that works out.
>> Putting them in a CI would do everyone a world of good, so that
>> others can contribute to your enjoyment of summer.
> Of course I practically live for the good of others. :-P
Yes, and we thank you for that.
>> I do agree that you are ill-informed. What we're doing here is not
>> ultra-security, as you refer to it. What we are doing is on page 2 of
>> the "Running a server on the Internets 101" book that was published
>> in 1992.
> You're not throwing dogma in my face are you!?
>> And you're right - Jenkins vs. shell is not much better. The new Jiro
>> (on Kubernetes) is.
> It's hard to keep up with the de jour trends.
I hear you. But some of this new stuff is actually quite good.
> Why did that start at 3:00PM today, just as I try to get the p2
> indexer working?Â It's not that it couldn't resolve the thing, it
> can't download it, even though it's resolved. Why?!Â Why now when I
> need builds to work, when I need to get M3 working in the tiny gap
> between Mac-can't-sign and Tycho-can't-download-file.
>> Thanks for understanding,
> As I said, sorry for ragging on you.Â
Please don't apologize - we're all trying to get stuff done however we
can. Let's complain about it all together at EclipseCon in 2 months. I
always appreciate the conversation.