According to the process, the Eclipse Planning Council decides if
a respin is warranted during the quiet period.
I'll put it to a vote.
Given that it's pretty late in the day in Europe, the release
engineering aspects will have to wait until next week.
In the meantime, if anybody else has any concerns, please voice
On 10/03/17 04:24 AM, Kaloyan Raev
While testing the PHP EPP Neon.3 RC4 we found a severe regression
. While it does not affect the Simultaneous Release as a whole,
it is something that would affect most of the PHP users.
I know the simplest and risk free solution is PDT to have a
maintenance release on the date of the Neon.3 release train. But,
as the affected workflow is one that would be executed early after
starting the IDE, most probably, the affected users would not
notice that there is a maintenance update they need to apply. The
effect of freezing the IDE would result in a very negative
experience with the Eclipse IDE.
For the above reasons, I'd like to ask what are our chances for
respinning the Neon staging p2 repo?
Technically speaking, we need to revert one patch in PDT and
release a RC5 milestone. Then the Neon staging p2 repo needs to be
respun and then the EPP packages.
cross-project-issues-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
The Eclipse Foundation