|[cross-project-issues-dev] Galileo has left the repo|
a) create a reproducible builds b) create durable toolchainsc) use PDE target platforms with the software site provisioning facilities
Just one detailed example, the PDE target platform support for p2 repo. Target definition files maintain a list of features and versions that are part of the target. Me and my team have a mess of such targets and in fact, we are distributing a .target file as part of the code for the Equinox book. I happened to go and test our setup today only to find that the content was all gone and the target failed to load because the features are missing from the repo. It looks like some of the old bundles might be there (found three versions of the IU for org.eclipse.osgi!) but that's no good unless you have the over- arching structure.
I humbly propose that a) we restore the Galileo contentb) in future release repos are monotonic (love that word). No deletion is allowed c) we put in place tests that in fact ensure that nothing is deleted (in both the metadata and the artifact repos)
Back to the top