RE: [cross-project-issues-dev] Source of latest Ganymede buildfailure ... DSDP-TM?
Sorry for breaking the build. It's only partially my
I tried using a digestURL="." in my site.xml and
Eclipse Clients (I tried both classic UM and P2,
I promoted to Ganymede) work fine with this,
Anyways, fortunately I had an "almost identical
on a different site so Dave's reverting caused almost
no difference for us, but now the new site should
work again. I restored our official 3.0.1
Buckminster... want to have a bug, or who's fault
if digestURL="." does not work?
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical
Staff, Wind River
Target Management Project
Lead, DSDP PMC Member
While the build did fail once
after I reverted the dsdp-tm.sc, the log had a lot of "network" or IO
problems, so I re-ran it, and it succeeded.
So ... DSDP-TM ... please be aware your latest changes
aren't in yet ... and let me know if I can help. Otherwise, I suspect if you
just try updating from an Eclipse IDE with that 301milestone site, you'll
probably see the problem.
Sorry we are a couple days late getting out WTP bits in ... I think they are
final now, though we're still testing/checking ... these mid-week deadlines
through us off completely :)
||09/19/2008 12:01 AM
||[cross-project-issues-dev] Source of
latest Ganymede build failure ...
Well, latest failure since wtp
was causing them, that is :)
WTP has been fixed (pretty sure) and dsdp-tm and
rap are only other ones that have been changed.
One of the error messages
seems to point to dsdp-tm.
[java] ERROR: Digest could not be parsed:An exception occured while
downloading feature from
I checked some of the
basic stuff and it looked ok on the surface ... but then I tried adding that
URL to my IDE's update locations and it complained it couldn't "read it".
(that is, it found it, but sounded like something was wrong with the
site-europa.xml file ... maybe it just knows we're on Ganymede now :)
At any rate
... unless I see a change in 5 or 10 minutes, I may try reverting to the "last
known good" SC file. I realize that usually has a slim change of working,
since the problem is likely the update site itself, but seems like one of the
changes was to switch update sites.
So, if the revert works, I'll leave it reverted ...
even though it won't be "correct", I can sleep easier until the DSDP team
wakes up and makes the correct fix.
If it doesn't work, I'll revert my
revert, and not sleep :)