I added the 'derby.core' to Enabling
Features, in the site.xml file, since that seemed to have been what we
did for other BIRT third party content, even if it was not shared with
And, I've grown to like it. Even though
we are not perfectly consistent across all projects, seems to me its nice
to have a spot for stuff that most end-users would never "pick"
all on their own, so that way it doesn't distract or confuse when they
are browsing the more substantial categories ... such as "Charting
and Reporting". I'm glad to hear other opinions, and eventually, IMHO,
we should have the ability in UpdateManger to "switch viewpoints"
... purely project oriented vs. purely functional oriented. Plus,
right now, it does not seem like "select required" always selects
what's expected, so, as you investigate those, be sure to check your own
"pre-reqs" requirements to see if correct. Some on this list
could maybe help if you can't spot a problem in your codes.
P.S. Even though everything is now on
the staging site, and I'll get the mirroring started, I think it best to
still wait till the 23rd to announce, to make sure everything gets caught
up and provides the smoothest experience for users updating/installing
from Callisto Discovery site.
"Sue Lee" <slee@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/21/2006 11:34 PM
Please respond to
Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
RE: [cross-project-issues-dev] Callisto
RC5 delayed a day
Really sorry for the inconvenience
this caused. Thank you very much, David. Your fix is quite right. I think
no problem in current feature-birt.xml.
BTW, if we add a new third
party feature, should we add it to "enabling features" in callisto
site.xml or only add it to feature-birt.xml?
- Shanghai R&D Center
[mailto:cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David
Subject: [cross-project-issues-dev] Callisto RC5 delayed a day
I'm sorry to say that I can not solve the problem with the BIRT feature
I did take a guess, but that didn't solve everything, so have opened what
hope is my last "blocker" this release.
I'm guessing BIRT will clear this up quite soon, but, even if fixed right
given our policies and realities for mirroring,
we should still allow a day for RC5 to make it through the
mirroring network, so, I expect Callisto RC5 to be available and
announced a day late on 6/23.
In the meantime, if contributing teams/early testers want to double check
staging area, all other projects can be installed from an update
cross-project-issues-dev mailing list