Re: [config-dev] Config questions

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 6:54 PM Laird Nelson <ljnelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 9:44 AM Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My guess is that Laird is alluding to some kind of meta-data outside the Java code similar to env-entry, etc: https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/java/env_entry/env_entry.html

No, I am simply answering the following question:

If a class does context.lookup("something"), and I don't have the source code, how should I, with the class in my hand, discover that "something" needs to be present in the context?

Wouldn't a RuntimException with a message that "something" must be present be enough? As long as the app isn't silently accepting that there is a missing value and starts in an unknown state?

Ivar

Best,
Laird