Re: [config-dev] Config questions

My guess is that Laird is alluding to some kind of meta-data outside the Java code similar to env-entry, etc: https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/java/env_entry/env_entry.html. Personally, I think this capability has been overkill for some time.

Back in the J2EE days, I well remember the role of application/application server admins. I think these days those roles are very rare and developers actually also do this work themselves especially via Docker, etc (even in case of externalized configuration services such as Azure Key Vault/Azure Configuration Service).

If something similar to a meta data deployment descriptor is needed, I would suggest doing that in a later release and probably with ample community input as to the need.

Reza Rahman