Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Call tomorrow (Wednesday)

Hello folks,

Thanks for all attending. It is great to consistently see 8 to 10+ people at these calls. If you haven't attended one of these calls in the past I encourage you to join our next one on March 9!

Actions from last meeting details

  • All actions from the last meeting were completed.

Minutes

  • Discussion of Java 17 reflection issue with docker

    • A new vmargs command line option fixes the issue
    • Jeff has a working case, but leads to duplicate entries in eclipse.ini when the feature is updated (p2.inf runs again adding entry to eclipse.ini)
    • Jonah says that is probably OK, there are other cases of duplicate entries (such as Bug 508091Bug 367258 and Bug 535551) These bugs all require significant work on creating new more intelligent p2 touch points.
    • Action Jeff to file a bug
  • Updates on Bug 577263

    • John giving update
    • Torbjörn’s absence means he can’t provide a update this time
    • Erik thinks that the current solution which is WIP solves the problem
    • Consensus is that progressing in right direction, but needs to be completed.
    • Action John/Torbjörn/Erik to keep progressing the issue and make it a discussion point for next meeting if needed.
  • Merge of o.e.remote into CDT releng Bug 577097

    • Greg Watson will be nominated as CDT committer as he was the project lead of o.e.remote until it migrated from the PTP project.
  • Promod/Vijay from Ashling asking about cmake integration

    • Recommendation is to ask the specific questions on cdt-dev as people on the call not able to help
    • Action Promod/Vijay to send email to cdt-dev
  • Remote launch on Windows has problems being outlined by John.

    • Action John to send Jonah screenshot of escape code problem

Next Meeting

Mar 9 at 11am (Ottawa, Canada time)

Thanks,
Jonah