Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Call Wednesday

In regards of: Action (Jantje): does project creation turn off workspace autobuild.

Workspace autobuild is turned off at some CDT type project creation. But the old state is saved and reset in the project creation code. The same happens in
AutotoolsNewProjectNature

As project creation should be done as a single unit of workspace changes -so a build should not be started- and a CDT solution exists not to trigger the indexer, I do not really understand why turning on and off this workspace flag is needed.

I do not think there is a "problem" but as far as I understand turning workspace autobuild on and off "should be redundant code"

I'm using quotes because I assume more than 99% of workspaces containing CDT projects have the autobuild off; therefore 1 the code does nothing and 2 we basically have nu users who could run into problems with this.

I remember someone in the meeting stating there is a "autobuild flag in CDT". I however found no evidence for that

You can see the behaviour in

  /org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core/src/org/eclipse/cdt/managedbuilder/templateengine/processes/NewManagedProject.java

  /org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/autotools/core/wizards/NewAutotoolsProject.java

org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core.AutotoolsNewProjectNature.addAutotoolsBuilder(IProject, IProgressMonitor)

Jantje