Re: [cdt-dev] Build standalone Eclipse with CDT and custom plugins, command line

Hi  Clément,

The product file is not much more than a list of plug-ins or features, by wrapping it in a pom.xml you can build your product from the command line using maven.

I recommend you look at the C/C++ Product and use that as a starting point. This is in the Eclipse EPP project (src code's README), (specifically the .product file is of interest). You may be able to draw inspiration from the GNU MCU project. It has a fork of EPP and does I recommend (adding the GNU MCU plug-ins in that case to the .product file). You can even include the product file and associated machinery in your main repo and only have to do a single build.

The alternative is to script something around the p2 director command line tools. For example, you can do something like this to add a feature to an eclipse install at the command line:

./eclipse/eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -consoleLog -noSplash \
    -repository https://site/my/p2/dir \
    -installIUs org.my.feature.id.feature.group

HTH,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham