[cdt-dev] Migration of CDT Jenkins

Hi all

CDT is scheduled to move to the new Jenkins system (JIRO) on Friday.

I’ve managed get the main CDT build working in under the new system now, however there are around 26 tests that are failing consistently when run inside the new container environment that will need to be addressed. Most of these failures are in the GDB tests but also a number of Meson UI tests are failing. See https://ci-staging.eclipse.org/cdt/job/cdt-master-pipelinetest/64/testReport/ for the full list.

Unless anyone has any objections I will go though tomorrow and disable these tests until they can be fixed. I’ll be create new pipelines for the Gerrit verification builds tomorrow ready for the final switch over.

If you want to try to run the tests under the same environment as the build system the Docker images are available and can be used to help debug the tests. For they are temporarily hosted on quay.io under my own account, unfortunately there isn’t yet any official place to host these. We should at least try to move them under an “eclipse-cdt” org on either quay.io or Docker Hub. (@Doug Schaefer any comments how to do this?)

The actual docker files will be on GitHub: https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt-infra and until the pull request is merged you can see them @ https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt-infra/pull/1

You can run a build inside the container locally and connect a VNC client to monitor SWTBot tests. E.g.

Run the container in interactive mode:

> docker run --rm -it -p 5900:5900 quay.io/kummallinen/cdt-infra-eclipse-full:ubuntu-16.04 bash

Then inside the container run:

> ~/.vnc/xstartup.sh

> mkdir work && cd work && git clone https://git.eclipse.org/r/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git .

> /usr/share/maven/bin/mvn clean verify -Pbuild-standalone-debugger-rcp -Ddsf.gdb.tests.timeout.multiplier=10 -Dindexer.timeout=300

Regards

William

Renesas Electronics Europe GmbH,Geschaeftsfuehrer/President : Michael Hannawald, Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered office: Duesseldorf, Arcadiastrasse 10, 40472 Duesseldorf, Germany,Handelsregister/Commercial Register: Duesseldorf, HRB 3708 USt-IDNr./Tax identification no.: DE 119353406 WEEE-Reg.-Nr./WEEE reg. no.: DE 14978647

Back to the top