[cdt-dev] API Extension of ICPPNodeFactory

Hi Guys

Today I merged a patch by Hansruedi Patzen that adds the C++14 feature to have static_assert() without the "now" optional message [1]. The patch affects the parser, the rewriter and the node factory mainly. However, the additional factory function to create ICPPASTStaticAssertDeclarations in the ICPPNodeFactory interface is public API. Nate corectly pointed out that I forgot to discuss this API change on the mailing list, as we are past M7. Therefore, my request to accept the extension of the public API by ICPPNodeFactory.newStaticAssertion(IASTExpression condition). If it is considered an issue adding that method, I can circumvent the extension of the interface by directly creating the corrsponding node in the parser and postpone the API change. In any case I would like to have this patch in, because it reduces syntax errors in the parser when writing correct C++14 code.

BR
Thomas

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/122866/

Back to the top