Re: [cdt-dev] CDT master build taking forever

Hi folks,

AFAICT the reason for the builds taking a long time is down to a general (intermittent) slowness of the build machine. It may be down to other shared users on the machine (we now share the JIPP with a few other big Eclipse projects: OpenJ9, Microprofile, Collections, LS, and a dozen other small ones).

What I can see is the differences between buildtime on a reasonable(ish) build #1579 and another build that was 30 minutes slower, #1580 is that almost all the slowness is running "tycho-source-plugin:1.1.0:plugin-source (plugin-source)". On the fast build it stays at generally a few seconds, while on the slow build that step sometimes takes 4 minutes.

I don't know what tycho-source-plugin is doing that makes it more vulnerable than other tasks, I have sent a query to tycho-dev.

I will continue to monitor the situation.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.