Re: [cdt-dev] Getting started on CDT

Hi Davin,

> there is no "Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers" on the download page

It's there if you click on "Packages" from the eclipse.org home page, which should take you here [1].

> - In org.eclipse.cdt.core, file "schema/PDOMASTProcessor.exsd" line 54, I have an
> error flagged:
> "Referenced element 'enablement' is not defined'.

I've seen errors of that form in the past. I'm not sure what causes them, but I think they're safe to ignore; at least, they haven't prevented me from doing anything.

> - In org.eclipse.lsp4e.cpp.language/META-INF/MANIFEST.mf line 7:
> "Bundle 'org.apache.commons.io' cannot be resolved"
>
> - In org.eclipse.lsp4e.cpp.language
> file src/org/eclipse/lsp4e/cpp/language/CPPLanguageServer.java line 27:
> "'ProcessStreamConnectionProvider' cannot be resolved to a type".

LSP4E is an optional dependency that's not built by default.

If you'd like to work on LSP4E support, you can go to Preferences -> Plug-in Development -> Target Platform and set the target platform to "cdt-plus-lsp4e". That should make these errors go away.

If you don't want to work on LSP4E support, you can use the regular "cdt" target, and ignore errors related to LSP4E.

(There's probably a better way to handle optional dependencies, but I'm not sure what it is.)

Hope that helps,
Nate

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages/

Back to the top