Re: [cdt-dev] Aeri reports of the form "NoStackTrace in <function>"

Hi Nate,

AFAICT this is happening because we (CDT) are discarding the stack trace.

This code is the culprit:

/**
* @noreference This method is not intended to be referenced by clients.
*/
public static void log(Throwable e) {
if (e instanceof CoreException) {
log(((CoreException) e).getStatus());
} else {
String msg = e.getMessage();
if (msg == null) {
log("Error", e); //$NON-NLS-1$
} else {
log("Error: " + msg, e); //$NON-NLS-1$
}
}
}

We are unwrapping the CoreException and logging only the IStatus object which may not have its own associated exception.

Perhaps Doug can comment, the unwrapping code was added fairly recently (just before Neon / CDT 9.0) in https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/71560/3/core/org.eclipse.cdt.core/src/org/eclipse/cdt/core/CCorePlugin.java

Thanks,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham