[cdt-dev] Aeri reports of the form "NoStackTrace in <function>"

Often I come across Aeri problem reports whose titles are of the form "NoStackTrace in <function>". Example: [1]

These reports contain stack traces that point to places in the code where we catch an exception, and log it with "CCorePlugin.log(e)". The stack trace points to the place where we log it; however, the report does not contain the stack trace of where the original exception was thrown (and I assume this is what the "NoStackTrace" in the title refers to).

Is there something we can do in the code, to make the problem reports contain the stack trace of the original exception in such cases? Typically, I can't diagnose or fix the problem without seeing the original exception.

Thanks,
Nate

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/recommenders/committers/aeri/v2/#!/problems/5951a1d4e4b0bc977c8c41f9

Back to the top