Re: [cdt-dev] Neon.2 does not start GDB 7.12 on macOS

This is the other known bug of CDT 9.2 related to GDB 7.12.
    Bug 509812 - Unable to interrupt arm remote target with Neon and GDB 7.12
    (http://eclip.se/509812)
Note that this affects all 'GDB Hardware debugging' launches, as well as all launches
on Windows and Mac.

Alvaro has already fixed all these problems for the 9.2.1 release.
That release is scheduled for end of March.  However, with these important issues
having been found, I don't mind doing a special 9.2.1 release very soon and a 9.2.2 for March.
Let me know if that would be useful (so I don't spend time for nothing).

> p.s. this GDB 7.12 seems to be a "bag of hurt" (to quote the late Steve Jobs).

The problems actually originate in CDT's use of GDB 7.12's new awesome full console support.
The actual root cause of the problem is CDT's lack of broad testing.
We need more attention for Windows and for Mac, and for Hardware debugging.
These three areas are not covered by the core CDT Debug committers and
are the three areas that experienced serious bugs in the 9.2 release.

P.S.  There is another bug reported from someone using the GNU ARM plugins
Bug 507429 - The problem with the launch SEGGER J-Link GDB Server
http://eclip.se/507429

Back to the top