[cdt-dev] Neon.2 does not start GDB 7.12 on macOS

> On 27 Jan 2017, at 13:51, Mark Goodchild <mark.goodchild@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>  with 9.2 only a few weeks away

Hi,

With this tight schedule, I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced problems with starting GDB 7.12 debug sessions on Neon.2? (apart from the non-functioning step/halt)

On my Mac environment, none of the debug plug-ins are able to start arm-none-eabi-gdb 7.12 (from GCC 6.2); windows & linux seem ok. arm-none-eabi-gdb 7.10 is ok.

The GDB process quits right after starting, the GDB trace windows shows only:

058,589 2-gdb-show language
058,591 2^done,value="auto"
058,592 (gdb)
058,596 3-data-evaluate-expression "sizeof (void*)"
058,599 3^done,value="4"
058,599 (gdb)
058,602 4-gdb-set language auto

The GDB console is empty.

I planned to further investigate next week, but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top