Re: [cdt-dev] RFC: Templates preprocessor syntax proposal

> On 05 Aug 2016, at 20:18, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> You have no idea whether the text being
> substituted would be formatted correctly.

for complex substitutions you are right, but I currently plan to substitute only constants or names, which are not a problem.

> My thought is to feed the
> generated files through CDT¹s formatter as part of the generation process.

that would obviously be a nice option.

did you implement it, or are you just considering it for future versions?

> so you¹re solution may be different

the entire xPacks/XCDL specs are based on JSON metadata and JavaScript, and everything should be scriptable, so having the templates using the same technologies would be consistent.

the reference GUI for xPacks/XCDL is planned to be Eclipse, so if there are no disadvantages discovered, I would bring the plug-ins closer to JSON & JavaScript than the other way around.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top