Re: [cdt-dev] RFC: Templates preprocessor syntax proposal

> On 05 Aug 2016, at 19:33, Derek Morris <dmsubs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Freemarker is a TEMPLATE ENGINE, not a generic scripting language.
>
> I have used Freemarker (for creating and implementing templates), and would certainly recommend it. I suggest you take a look.

I did.

assuming the template is used to generate C/C++ files, did you try to reformat the template file with the CDT formatter?

I am also considering scriptable command line versions of my wizards, that will probably be written in Go. how likely is to be able to process Freemarker templates in other languages than Java?

---

my proposal which uses JavaScript embedded as comments in a plain C/C++ file meets the re-formatting requirement and JavaScript engines are now available for all major languages.

to me this solutions seems more general, more easy to use, the features available in the scripting engine are more powerful (being limited only by JavaScript), and everything is more portable.

I currently do not see any disadvantage, but you might, and this is the reason I asked for your opinion.

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top