Re: [cdt-dev] New template engine: The hierarchy of the type MyProjectGenerator is inconsistent

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 4:40 PM, <timothy.t.orling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to implement my first plugin with the new template engine
>> (org.eclipse.tools.templates.freemarker). I am basically reusing the
>> code
>> in toolchains/arduino as a starting point. I am stumped by why I am
>> getting "The hierarchy of the type MyProjectGenerator is inconsistent".
>> Any pointers to what to look for? Google/StackOverflow has not been
>> helpful so far.
>>

> That usually points to a plug-in missing from your dependencies. A plug-in
> you're using requires another one. They're pretty hard to figure out. What
> I usually do is check other compile errors for missing types and such.

Nailed it. For whatever reason, org.eclipse.tools.templates.core and *.ui
were not loaded in my workspace/classpath (even though they showed up in
Installation Details). Tycho/Maven was building fine, but not the
workspace. After explicitly adding them to my *.target the error went
away.

Thank you :)

--Tim

Back to the top