Re: [cdt-dev] CMake support in Eclipse CDT

On 12/07/2015 12:57 PM, Liviu Ionescu wrote:
On 07 Dec 2015, at 13:33, Martin.Runge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But I saw at least on case (MinGW on Windows) where gcc was not in the PATH -> cmake did not find the compiler while generating the Makefile and aborted.
FYI, in the embedded world it is common to have multiple versions of different toolchains installed, and it is mandatory that they **are not** in the system PATH.
I have the same experience. Even different versions of a tool can be in use at the same time.

the GNU ARM Eclipse build plug-in takes a lot of efforts to manage these multiple paths, store them in different scopes (per project, per workspace, per Eclipse) and dynamically update the current path when the build starts.
So does the arduino eclipse plugin. http://baeyens.it/eclipse/
Can you send me a pointer to the GNU ARM Eclipse build plug-in?

Best regards
Jantje

regards,

Liviu