[cdt-dev] CMake support in Eclipse CDT

Sorry, if I chime in late here.
On the cmake users mailing list, someone told me that Doug is working on
integration of cmake into CDT.

want to tell, that there already is a plugin in the marketplace [1] to
integrate cmake (I am the author of). It invokes cmake to generate the
makefiles, tries to parse cmake error output and has a build output parser
that feeds defines and include paths to the indexer.

The CDT developers might want to take my plugin as an inspiration and also
might want to glance at the comments in sources [2] denoting the problems to
integrate a new build script generator into the existing CDT model (in
contrast to autotools plugin, which took the 'I must be run first' approach.)

On a second branch [3], you will find an (unsuccessful) experiment that tried
to get rid of any kind of CDT driven buildscript generation but relies on the
C/C++ indexer to provide fast source code navigation/documentation
tooltips/code completion to the end user.

Cheers,
	Martin

[1] https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/cmake4eclipse
[2] https://github.com/15knots/cmake4eclipse