Re: [cdt-dev] Customizing debug hierarchy and LaunchVMAdapter

We had similar problems extending GdbAdapterFactory & GdbViewModelAdapter to customise the Expressions view model. In the end we ended up using the same as the example, and copied the whole of GdbAdapterFactory so we could extend GdbViewModelAdapter and a couple of other ModelAdapters we needed for other functionality.

William Riley

-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
Sent: 11 September 2014 21:24
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Customizing debug hierarchy and LaunchVMAdapter

This is exactly what I was hoping to figure out.  I've posted an example that extends DSF-GDB.
This is how I got things to work, but this is my first try at actually extending it.
http://eclip.se/441277

I also had a lot of trouble extending GdbAdapterFactory.

I was hoping others could provide feedback on what Vladimir is describing below to see if there is a better way as of now.

>From what I tried, we are good at extending the DSF services and handling GDB versions, but we need to improve on allowing extension of the view model.

Vladimir seems to have experienced the same results.

Anyone else?