Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF-GDB] Pending breakpoint support

 On 20/08/2010 2:37 PM, Marc Khouzam wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alena Laskavaia
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 2:32 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF-GDB] Pending breakpoint support

How this is intended to work in DSF. I.e. if user has to debug shared
lirbary (i.e. put breakpoint in it),
how to do it right now?
I think the user would need to set the breakpoint in the library
_after_ is has been loaded.

I think the first step would be to fix
http://bugs.eclipse.org/309704 DSF-GDB lacks ability to stop on load library events

then the user could easily set the bp after the lib is loaded.
I have already attached the fix to the bug, if someone can confirm it works ok,
I'll commit it.

Thanks

Marc

Marc,

Vladimir and I are currently working on this issue. The idea is to add new breakpoint notifications to GDB. All breakpoints will be set as pending. When a breakpoint is installed on target GDB will fire a notification which will allow us to change the breakpoint's marker. It's a work in progress on early stages.

Regarding a workaround for the current version, "stop-on-solib-events" can be set from the console or in gdbinit.

Cheers,
Mikhail

Back to the top