Re: [cdt-dev] Qt Support?

On Jul 13, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Marc Khouzam wrote:

 Mike Jackson Wrote:
*sigh* and that is the solution that will probably be used. There is
one single problem with that. Those pretty printers need GDB
7.x which
does not really work on OS X. So I am stuck with the Apple supplied
GDB.

Apparently, there has been some efforts by Tristan Gingold to make
GDB 7.1 work on Mac.  If someone wants to take the ball (I don't have
a Mac) and see if it truly works, I believe we could have a very
interesting debugging solution for Mac.

We can work with Tristan off-list if there are still issues
to be resolved.

Marc

I just tried the 7.1.5(?) release. Had to build from source. Still not ready for prime time. There is an error that gdb throws when starting a process. There are tickets in the gdb Trac system for this.

If Tristan has patches that I can try for gdb 7.1 I would be happy to try it out.

Mike Jackson

Back to the top