Re: [cdt-dev] Qt Support?

> >From the perspective of current user of CDT that does Qt development
>
> the single most important "integration" for me is to be able to
> display the values of QStrings and other Qt types in the debugger. All
> the other ideas in the bug report have work arounds that can be used
> except the debugger issues. If a small contribution to CDT 7.1 to
> enable the debugger features I think that would make a big splash for
> those of us using CDT and Qt.

I agree that this is essential, I often find that I use QtCreator to debug my Qt/KDE projects since
it can print Qt types nicely, however this does disturb my workflow quite a bit, I would love to be
able to use Eclipse for everything.

Probably the easiest solution to that problem would be to make CDT automatically load pretty-
printers for all Qt projects.

KDevelop has some pretty-printers for Qt types located here:
http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/kdevelop/trees/master/debuggers/gdb/printers

They also work nicely with Eclipse, however for testing I used a patched CDT with the patch from
Bug 302121, I don't know how well it works with 7.0

Alex Richardson

Back to the top