Re: [cdt-dev] Update CDT feature/plugin versions for Helios SR1 and Indigo releases

On 29 June 2010 15:52, Vivian Kong <vivkong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've made an attempt to update the feature versions based on any plugin
> version number changes after Helios. I need everyone's help to keep the
> feature numbers up-to-date so please be sure to update the associated
> feature version as you update the version number of your plugins. This is
> done in the feature's feature.xml as well as buildsite.xml in
> org.eclipse.cdt.releng so our update site is up-to-date as well. You can
> find the org.eclipse.cdt.releng plugin under org.eclipse.cdt/all in CVS.

Is there any tool which will warn us if we get this wrong and fail to
increment the minor version number when fixing bugs?
As I understand it p2 doesn't update features where the version number
hasn't changed, so it's pretty important to ensure that these get
correctly incremented.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top