Re: [cdt-dev] CLang error recovery

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Terry Parker <tparker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow, this got lost in the inbox :(
> Yes, I'm interested in experimenting with how CLang can improve the Eclipse
> C++ development experience.  What kind of hooks did you have in mind?  The
> fact that CLang has built-in support for code completion suggestions is very
> intriguing. The suggestions it provides for common errors should plug in
> well to quick fixes.
> --Terry

Incidentally, since then, LLVM 2.7 has been released, including
becoming self-aware (sorry, hosting) and can compile C++ though it's
in the early stages. It's considered production quality on x86 for C
and Objective-C though. There's also front-ends for GCC so it might be
possible to hook in using the existing GCC support in CDT.

http://llvm.org/releases/2.7/docs/ReleaseNotes.html
http://llvm.org/releases/

In terms of deeper integration, there's a bunch of things that the
compiler can now do, including trace metadata through the compile
chains:

http://blog.llvm.org/2010/04/extensible-metadata-in-llvm-ir.html

And a bit of fun with symbolic compilers :)

http://blog.llvm.org/2010/04/whats-wrong-with-this-code.html

Alex

Back to the top