RE: [cdt-dev] Support for "target-detach" and "target-disconnect"

At 11:00 AM 4/15/2010, Marc Khouzam wrote:

> [...]

At a minimum.
But having 'attach' in the toolbar but not 'detach' (anymore),
doesn't seem right.
If the current 'disconnect' button stops calling 'detach' for
processes/threads/frames, then we should move 'connect' to
the view menu as well.

But I would find it limiting for the user not to have the ability
to attach/detach from processes using the toolbar.  I think
(although I could be wrong) that for multi-process, it can be
an operation that should be easily available.

That is a long-standing issue with the Debug view--one we've struggled with, too. Our commercial has all sorts of multi-core variants of the standard run control actions, and there's just no way to house it all in the toolbar. So we've made some difficult decisions on what makes the cut and what doesn't. But of course it's all based on assuming what customers are going to do often vs what they do infrequently, and that can vary widely from one customer to another.

BTW, did you meant the context menu? That's where the overflow of actions that operate on a selection in the view should go, not the view menu.

John

Back to the top