Re: [cdt-dev] LR parser and LPG version

Yes, this has me worried. What is the status of LPG, and why is such a simple bug still there?

I raise this because I am seeing a lot of momentum behind Xtext and am wondering if this is a technology language integrators would be interested taking a look at. From my quick look, it looks a bit bloated, but might be a way to quickly get languages integrated into Eclipse.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Mario Pierro <Mario.Pierro@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, that explains it!

After manually fixing the “-a” I can correctly generate the parser sources.

Do you know if this LPG bug has been reported somewhere? I searched for it in the project’s sourceforge tracker but was not able to find it.

/Mario

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Kucera
Sent: den 2 mars 2010 16:08

To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] LR parser and LPG version

There is a bug in the LPG generator that causes it to sometimes output "-a" when it should output "-1". The workaround is to manually edit the generated files by replacing "-a" with "-1".

The required LPG version is 1.1.

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
Eclipse CDT/PTP
IBM Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Mario Pierro" ---03/02/2010 09:45:56 AM---Hello,"Mario Pierro" ---03/02/2010 09:45:56 AM---Hello,

"Mario Pierro" <Mario.Pierro@xxxxxxx>

03/02/2010 09:45 AM

[cdt-dev] LR parser and LPG version

Hello,

I am experimenting with extending the new LR parser to recognize custom
extensions to the CDT language.

I can successfully build and run the checked out java files, but I am
not able to correctly generate them from the .g grammar files - the
files will contain syntax errors.

I checked out the following plugins from CVS

net.sourceforge.lpg.lpgjavaruntime
org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser
org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser.sdk
org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser.sdk.feature
org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser.tests

I also downloaded the LPG 1.1 distribution from sourceforge

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpg/files/lpgdistribution/LPG-V1.1/lpgdi
stribution-05-16-06.zip/download

in order to obtain the parser generator executable (lpg.exe).

I have set up the lpg_exe and lpg_template ant properties to point to
the lpg.exe and the org.eclipse.cdt.core.lrparser/grammar/templates
folder, respectively.

I can run the build.xml script and generate the java sources, but the
files created will contain syntax errors (like a "-a" instead of a "-1"
in parser tables). I have also tried to use the lpg executables 2.0 but
they will generate even more errors.

What is the lpg version which has been used to build the parser sources
in the lrparser plugin?

Thanks for your help,

/Mario