[cdt-dev] CModelListener and DeltaAnalyzer did not handle encoding change properly

I just discover an encoding change problem for CDT 5.0

It seems like encoding change to a project(or a file, or globally) doesn't trigger an index update, this will cause a problem if the character offset is changed by the new encoding. For example, if my project is set encoding as "ISO-8859-1" originally, then I change my encoding to "UTF-8", now I try to open a call hierarchy from a function, it doesn't work.

I guess we need to update CModelListener and DeltaAnalyzer to handle the encoding change.

My question is if this problem is already discovered and fixed in CDT 7.0? Also I would appreciate any suggestions for an approach to this problem.

Thanks,

John

John Liu, Software Developer

IBM Canada Ltd.
8200 Warden Ave. Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Internal mail: D3/201/8200 /MKM (D2-337)
Tel: (905) 413 2132

Back to the top