Re: [cdt-dev] Static code analysis - > Codan and Sonar

> Before starting developing a poc, could you just confirm that parsers
> and codan frameworks have been designed to be used outside the eclipse
> platform ?

Not is was not designed to work outside of eclipse platform, because most of it functionality right now
is UI integration with eclipse anyways, in particular with CDT. Theoretically you can extract parser and ast builder for c/c++
out of cdt and use on its own but I don't think anybody even did that. The framework (codan) in general it relies on eclipse plugin framework,
and at most can be run headless (without UI) but it would still use eclipse.
If you want to write something which is not eclipse based I suggest to use gcc extension to write checkers rather than CDT/AST ones.

Back to the top