Re: [cdt-dev] Directory structure rebellion - Embedded development

2009/5/29 Elena Laskavaia <elaskavaia@xxxxxxx>:
> You have to do pretty much what you have described for complicated project
> structure.
> There are some efforts to to create a "flexible project structure" a la
> visual studio, but
> it is coming slow (currently planned for e4 - next gen eclipse).

Actually the e4 stuff is basically *done* and working -- the most
important thing there is the UI support for creating the linked
resources easily & being able to have relative "Path variables" so
different people checking out the same source don't have to set a path
variable for things to be relative to.  Serge has implemented some
other neat bits -- such as resource filters.

You should checkout Serge's screencasts if you're interested:
http://sergebeauchamp.blogspot.com/

I've got these changes back-ported to the 3.4 Eclipse stream if you're
interested in trying it for real:
http://github.com/jamesblackburn/eclipse-core-resources
http://github.com/jamesblackburn/eclipse-ui-ide

There's not much difficulty in getting CDT to work with this work-flow
out the box.

So to answer you question: you can't do it with an eclipse.org
released Eclipse/CDT.  But with a little bit of effort you can get
there, and perhaps this stuff will make it into the base 3.6 release.

Cheers,
James