Re: [cdt-dev] RIP Wascana, Build System discussion

Doug Schaefer wrote:

I'm not sure though that the MBS was ever built to support integrations like this. It was intended to behave just as Visual C++ does, which also doesn't deal well with external build tools. It's important that we keep that in mind.

Isn't that a pretty lousy approach? That way you're guaranteed to annoy as many people as possible: people used to the way VC++ does things will be annoyed because it isn't VC++-ish enough, and other people will be annoyed because it is too VC++-ish.

And that's why I want to make it easier, or even provide integrations for these external build tools to make it easier for users to adopt.

I'm all for that.

--
/Jesper

Back to the top